Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Operates plant machinery as directed and specified while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures to produce a superior product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
* Sets stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
* Observes machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
* Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
* Performs routine machine maintenance
* Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
* Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
* Running a bagging/soil line
* Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
* High school diploma or GED equivalent; or at least one month of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
* Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
* The employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time
* The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65 lbs. may arise from time to time ? should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
* The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body ? bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
What CRH Americas Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.