FLOOR MANAGER with SOMMELIER CERTIFICATION
Compensation: $39,570.00 - $62,650.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
We are actively seeking passionate food and beverage professionals, for an exciting opportunity to work at a high-end private dining club in Midtown. The right candidate is one who is professionally driven, sincere in their spirit of hospitality, and otherwise treats their guests, their workplace, and their fellow team members with abundant respect and positivity.
with SOMMELIER CERTIFICATION
The successful candidate will be performing the dual functions Floor Manager and Sommelier/Cellar Master/Beverage Program support, and will possess the following requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years fine-dining restaurant experience as Manager or Sommelier
- Wine Degree/Certification(s) a distinct advantage. In lieu of certification, extensive French, Italian and domestic wine knowledge required.
- If your career is wine-focused, you must be whole-heartedly interested in growing and utilizing managerial skills as the complementary counterpart to a well-rounded restaurant industry professional. This job is not your usual one-or-the-other wine or management role, it is both.
- A hospitable and approachable demeanor combined with impeccable service standards, clean work habits and keen attention to detail
- A \"lead by example\" mentality
- An ability to multitask in a high-volume environment while always maintaining a spirit of same-side teamwork
- A professional and polished appearance, combined with the ability to interact with all types of team members and build relationships with guests
- Must be comfortable performing both hands-on service/service supervision as well as administrative tasks in response to the needs of the operation
- Must always perform one's job with effective personal time management in mind so that all tasks are completed on schedule
- Must always seek to resolve challenges with positive, solution-minded thinking
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, consisting of but not limited to late nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have computer knowledge of basic restaurant systems and POS systems, including Word and Excel
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
If you are a highly motivated candidate looking to further your career in the hospitality industry, and you have a passion for fine food and beverage, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your resume with a cover letter and include a quick note in the body of the email that specifies your available start date.
We are an EOE and we enthusiastically celebrate the power of diversity.
Associated topics: backend, food service supervisor, gm, kitchen manager, operations, operations manager, partner, restaurant manager, restaurant operations, service manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...