- ShopRite Markets
- $22,410.00 -28,080.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while safely and efficiently unloading and processing the delivery in the Grocery Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
* Ability to tolerate dust and chemical agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, preparing, storing, price marking, arranging, and restocking products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
* Unload and secure received product in appropriate storage areas using power or hand jack, carts,
* U-boats or bossies as needed.
* Block and face all products in accordance to Company policy or as assigned. Ensure that featured sale merchandise is attractively signed to stimulate sales. Handle all product not worked to the shelf according to department standards.
* Utilize CGO to maintain and order merchandise to keep product in stock, including using handheld terminal.
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards, including sweeping, mopping, removing cardboard and refuse as needed,
* Operate a baler or compactor.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Night Crew operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Grocery Department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Stand in designated work area for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to departmental operations.
* Follow Company procedure for reclamation, disposal of cardboard, and plastic.
* Maintain communication within the Department and Company.
* Assist Department Manager as needed.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
* Observe all safety regulations when operating equipment.
* Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to Company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
* Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly; report any failure immediately (where applicable).
* Be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the store.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Associated topics: clean, dish, lavaplatos, limpieza de cocina, plates, sanitation, service assistant, stock, utensils, washer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...